Learn More About Our Services
- Call today at (302) 998-1184 or send us an email.
Thermal Analysis (DSC, TGA)
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) measures the rate and degree of heat change as a function of time or temperature.
Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) monitors the change in mass of a substance as a function of temperature or time as the sample is subjected to a controlled temperature program.
Thermal Properties Which Can Be Measured:
- Temperatures and heat of fusion, vaporization and crystallization
- Heat of reaction, including polymerization, oxidation and combustion
- Temperature and heat of decomposition (e.g. dehydration)
- Heat of solution, adsorption or desorption
- Specific heat, Activation energy, Polymer Crystallinity, Curing time
- Material purity, Thermal and Oxidative stability
- Reactivity and Reaction rates
- Temperature and Glass Transition, Softening, Linear Coefficient of Expansion